Listen to what the 2018 Interns had to say…
Internships may be available in the following areas:
- Civil Engineering – learning the basics of engineering design while working with AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or Microstation
- Environmental Services – environmental compliance in a variety of industries
- Land Surveying – focus is on teamwork in the field while collecting data for both engineering designs and legal documents
- Construction Administration – observing and reporting on construction activities
- SID Maintenance – supporting and coordinating a variety of neighborhood improvement projects
During an E&A Internship, you will…
- Gain exposure to daily operations in your department
- Participate in programs designed to widen your understanding of the industry
- Network with members of the company and other industry professionals
- Develop soft skills & practical work skills
We want to provide college students with more than just a summer job. Our goal is to more formally expose them to the civil engineering field and provide them with access to our firm’s leadership.
Tom Nussrallah, PE
President & COO
E&A’s Internship Program is designed to provide college students with real-life working experience, and to expose our professionals to the talent of the future. The program also provides our professionals with a chance to coach those who will help shape tomorrow’s industry workforce, whether they’re at E&A or somewhere else.
E&A interns are provided some structured activities in addition to gaining exposure to the day-to-day workings of the departments that they support and the roles that these groups play in our industry. Some of those activities include:
Map Reading & AutoCAD Civil 3D – Our Interns learn the essentials of reading engineering plans and are provided exposure to engineering software such as AutoCAD Civil 3D.
Leadership Interviews – Our Interns have an opportunity to interview internal leaders about their backgrounds, experience and advice.
Exploration Series – Our Interns learn about other professionals at E&A to gain a perspective beyond their own role & experience.
The program culminates with presentations by the interns on highlights from their time at E&A, opportunities for improvement of the intern program and lessons learned. The feedback from the intern presentations helps us to keep the program continually evolve, giving any returning interns a new and valuable experience each year.
Look for the open positions on our career site during the fall semester
Check out the following articles to read more about this year’s group of interns:
“I now think I’m more prepared and ready to design stuff because I have experience dealing with contractors and I’ve seen how projects are done more. So I’m really glad that I got that opportunity.”
2017 SID Intern
“I would sum up my internship experience as insightful. It has made my education more meaningful and given me a better insight into why it is exactly I want to become a civil engineer.”
2018 Survey Intern