Listen to what the 2019 Interns had to say…
Internships may be available in the following areas:
- Civil Engineering – learning the basics of engineering design while working with AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or Microstation
- Environmental Services – environmental compliance in a variety of industries
- Land Surveying – focus is on teamwork in the field while collecting data for both engineering designs and legal documents
- Construction Administration – observing and reporting on construction activities
- SID Maintenance – supporting and coordinating a variety of neighborhood improvement projects
During an E&A Internship, you will…
- Gain exposure to daily operations in your department
- Participate in programs designed to widen your understanding of the industry
- Network with members of the company and other industry professionals
- Develop soft skills & practical work skills
We want to provide college students with more than just a summer job. Our goal is to more formally expose them to the civil engineering field and provide them with access to our firm’s leadership.
Tom Nussrallah, PE
President & COO
E&A’s Internship Program is designed to provide college students with real-life working experience, and to expose our professionals to the talent of the future. The program also provides our professionals with a chance to coach those who will help shape tomorrow’s industry workforce, whether they’re at E&A or somewhere else.
E&A interns are provided some structured activities in addition to gaining exposure to the day-to-day workings of the departments that they support and the roles that these groups play in our industry. Some of those activities include:
Map Reading & AutoCAD Civil 3D – Our Interns learn the essentials of reading engineering plans and are provided exposure to engineering software such as AutoCAD Civil 3D.
Leadership Interviews – Our Interns have an opportunity to interview internal leaders about their backgrounds, experience and advice.
Exploration Series – Our Interns learn about other professionals at E&A to gain a perspective beyond their own role & experience.
The program culminates with presentations by the interns on highlights from their time at E&A, opportunities for improvement of the intern program and lessons learned. The feedback from the intern presentations helps us to keep the program continually evolve, giving any returning interns a new and valuable experience each year.
Look for the open positions on our career site during the fall semester.
Check out these articles about past intern experiences from our blog:
2020 Accomplishments: Summer Interns
2020 Summer Interns
2019 Summer Interns
2019 Intern Wrap-Up
Intern Program Kickoff
Omaha Scavenger Hunt
Intern Exploration Series 1 – Stormchasers Baseball
Intern Exploration Series 2 – KidsCan Volunteering